Your office is the trademark of the business that you do, and how serious you are at conducting that business. If you haven’t noticed earlier, your office reception area creates the first impression on your potential clients. So don’t let a dull boring reception ruin the impression. With the following pointers in mind, you can create the perfect welcoming area for your clients and visitors.
- Seating: It’s crucial to have an ample seating area at the reception. You do not want your clients, visitors, potential buyers, or employees to stand and clog the place. Give the reception a thorough look and analyze how much space would you like to dedicate for seating.
If you have a big space to fill, then think of adding a comfortable sofa set and some chairs without arms so that they occupy less space. Now pick a sleek and stylish sofa set design, don’t invest in bulky ones because they use up a lot of space. A center coffee table is a must around the sofa set.
- 2. Entertainment: Don’t let your visitors get bored while they sit and wait before the meeting. Plan to add some entertainment elements, like wall mount TV that runs advertisements of your company products or maybe the local news. Adding a bookshelf is also a good idea that holds some magazines and self-help books. Explore open style bookshelves because they make a great display and storage option, and occupy limited space. If you can even provide free Wifi then there is nothing more your guests could ask for.
- Lighting: Brightly lit place automatically induces good energy and vibes. Don’t let dim lights take away the charm of your place. Try and capitalize maximum on the natural light that flows into your reception area, use sheer curtains to allow sunlight to enter. If there is a lack of natural light, then use fall fixture lights, led lights on the false ceiling to brighten up the place.
- Indoor Plants: Nothing can be more appealing and soothing than the pots of green plants. Choose indoor plants that are easy to maintain and hassle-free. You can place them near the entrance, close to the window and you can place small potted ones on the reception desk. Plants are known to take away the stress and induce a calming effect on people.
- Right Accessories: Adding frames on your reception wall is a great way to show off your business achievements. You can hang your award pictures, and special certifications that your company has acquires. Success and motivational quotes are also a great way to make your space look highly productive.
Apart from the above-mentioned pointers monitoring software for employees, pay attention to some minute details like placing enough bottled water for your guests, a few candies and mints for them, tissue boxes around, and hand sanitizers. Make sure your reception area is dusted and cleaned every day, and invest in a diffuser to keep that good aroma floating in the air. You can also take the help of an interior decorator to renovate your office space if you have too much on your plate already!