If you are a bike lover and want to go biking over mountains and serene landscapes then Leh Ladakh fulfills your desire with the same. The Ladakh bike trip is one of the extravagant routes India has that will make you fall in love with it.
So fasten up your helmets and let’s take a look what magnificent routes Leh Ladakh covers that you have never dreamt of.
Ladakh that lies in the Northern Himalayas is completely a flawless place which has views just like moonscape which cannot be compared to any other place. What we look at in our life is unbelievable good memories and experiences which Ladakh is filled with. It will introduce you to its rugged terrains, azure waters, top tourists attractions, serene monasteries and a lot more which will transfer you to a different world.
-Enjoy riding bike over Kullu valley
-Pack of challenges on Rohtang pass
-Cherishing bike tour to BaraLacha- La
-Discovering Thiksey and Shay monasteries
-Riding to Khardung La and Chang La pass
-Overnight camping over Pangong Tso and Sarchu
-Witnessing Zanskar valley
Jewels of Ladakh:
- Shanti Stupa set at 4,267 meters above sea level is indeed the best place to seek harmony and tranquility. You relish the old Buddhist culture inside the place of worship.
- Hemis Monastery offering a Tibetan convent is another excellent place about 45 kms from Leh town. What adds charms to this is Thangka paints and its decoration is marvellous to watch for.
- Nubra valley also called the valley of blossoms is known for its utmost calmness which first strikes the riders. You must visit this outstanding place to explore its orchards, scenic vistas, Bactrian camels and monasteries.
- Khardung La known as land of high pass is a dream destination for bike lovers situated at a height of 17,580 feet. You heard it right, it is among the highest motorable roads on the earth and you must add this in your Leh Ladakh bike trip.
- Tso Moriri lake is known to be the biggest snow capped lake in India. It is set at a height of more than 15,000 feet above sea level in the treacherous mountain area. And the place looks extremely magnificent as you find the haziness of place in the sky blue waters of the lake. It is a challenging route because of its elevation and so very less number of riders pass through it.
Best time to visit:
The best time to go for a Leh bike trip would be during the long periods of June to September as you see the best of Ladakh in these months. The bikers here make the most of their excursions to Lahaul and Spiti and thus making a wonderful bike expedition.
How to plan:
The days during Leh Ladakh bike trip depends on how much you want to cover according to your physical needs. You may wish to commence your bike trip from Delhi which will take around 16-20 days to complete while if you plan to start from Manali will be more exciting covering 13 days. In case you want to ride furthermore to Spiti valley it will require 15 days.
However if you fly to Leh and then afterwards start your bike ride from Ladakh itself it would take 8-9 days to cover the trip.
So plan your trip accordingly as to how many days you want to complete the tour requiring a minimum of 8 days and extending upto 20 days.
Best Bike for Leh Ladakh road trip:
You must be wondering which bike to take on for the Leh Ladakh trip which will comfort you with all the specific requirements. You must be considerably cautious and attentive with regards to picking a bike for this adventurous tour.
Pro tip- while choosing a bike go for appropriateness more than its prominence.
Here mentioned are the best bikes which you can take for Leh bike trip are-
- Royal Enfield Standard or Classic powered by either 350cc engine or 500cc engine both of them good to go.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan built for all kinds of roads.
- KTM a light weight bike and beneficial on the rocky roads of Himalayas.
So the journey doesn’t end here as for the Leh Ladakh bike trip one needs to go with utmost preparation and with a proper route plan. Budget too plays the major role in deciding a trip so you have to considerably make your own budget plan keeping in mind the factors of fuel, food, hotels and other extra things.
You are all ready then to unravel the mysterious nature beyond your own imagination in Leh Bike trip. We wish you a wonderful journey ahead!!